East to northeast at 10 to 15 knots.
Slight to moderate with a wave height of 2 to 4 feet.
1. Weather Observing - The monitoring and reporting of meteorological conditions taken from the Owen Roberts and Charles Kirkconnell International Airports as well as the use of automatic weather stations and rain gauges around the Cayman Islands.
2. Weather Forecasting - The production and issuing of meteorological forecasts for the Cayman area.
3. Radar - The maintenance and calibration of the Kearney Gomez Doppler Weather Radar as well as the provision of current radar images to the public and education on what the radar shows and how it can be used.
4. Weather warnings and Marine warnings - The provision of a range of weather information, forecast and warning services to the community at large through the media so as to improve the economy and quality of life as well as for protection of life and property.
6. Upper air balloon releases - The releasing of weather balloons to collect vital data for the World Meteorological Organization.
7. Meteorological database maintenance - Maintaining a national climate archive and the provision of climate data and climate monitoring and prediction services.
8. Climatology - Provision on either a public or "user pays" basis, of a range of user sector-specific operational meteorological services, through the mass media and other channels, to such major user groups as agriculture, shipping, aviation, construction etc.